Friday, October 22, 2004

Doyle Disease

YTD: +$41282.46

I first invented the term Doyle Disease some time again. Little did I know it would become an epidemic! For a while I checked out the WPT forum on 2+2, mostly to see Paul Phillips being mischievous. Now 2+2 has always been a bit sycophantic, but the idol worshiping cluelessness that goes on there beggars belief. My recent favourite was actually on the PLO forum, where somewhere said "When Ray Zee criticizes your play, don't defend yourself, just learn." I dimly remember the said Ray Z advocating timeout cheating online if your foes were doing it. Learn at the feet of a master I guess.

However my favourite DDism of late must be on the THM forum where someone referred to Harry D as Harry 'the lionheart' Demetriou. WTF? I almost puked in my shoes. And no one seemed to care or notice. I guess it is only right that a perpetrator of many Doyle Disease-isms should indeed find himself on that holy altar himself.

For my Constant Readers, I will be on my hols for the next week or so, so please be patient. I will try and put some posts up, hotel technology permitting.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This has been a bugbear of mine for as long as I can remember. One of the reasons I enjoy poker is the company of the independent minded people it attracts. I can scarcely believe some of the pathetic idol worshipping idiots who inhabit many otherwise fine poker forums are over the age and IQ of six.

Regards,
Richard

Anonymous said...

Personally I tend to despise other poker players until they give me reason to think otherwise. I call this 'Richard Gryko disease'.

Regards,
Miros.

Anonymous said...

How about "Mirosian Malady"? God I'm funny.

Regards,
Richard

Andy_Ward said...

Another great example from Mike Paulle in his Festival of Lager report. Completely failing to understand David Pham's fold (which is simple common sense with at least the bottom 30% of hands) he describes it as "awesome ... one of the greatest laydowns I have ever seen". What's the betting that if Joe Schmoe from Idaho had done it he would have got a slating ?

If only there was an altar for these people. A sacrificial altar.

Andy.